In The Buzz

Where Hip Comes to Die

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sleater Kinney breaks up :(

Direct from the official site...

After eleven years as a band, Sleater-Kinney have decided to go on indefinite hiatus. The upcoming summer shows will be our last. As of now, there are no plans for future tours or recordings.

We feel lucky to have had the support of many wonderful people over the years. We want to thank everyone who has worked with us, written kind words about us, performed with us, and inspired us.

But mostly we want to extend our gratitude to our amazing fans. You have been a part of our story from the beginning. We could not have made our music without your enthusiasm, passion, and loyalty. It is you who have made the entire journey worthwhile.

With love and thanks,
Sleater-Kinney


And it appears as if the Webster Hall show on August 2nd, their last in NY, and their penultimate show over all, is sold out.
I'm just glad that I got to see them at Siren in 2002

Its been great guys, you will be missed.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 comment(s):

Alas I never got to see them. Maybe I'll see if someone would hook me up with one for the August 2nd show!!!

By Blogger Pat, at 1:01 PM  

Good luck, if you get your hands on 2 tickets you should pass one my way.

same goes for anyone else out there.
Sleater Kinney tickets... if you got extra send my way bitches.

Actually I'm holding a contest... the winner gets to take me to the Sleater Kinney concert. If you've got an extra ticket post picture and if I decided I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen in public with you then I'll bless you with my presence at the show

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:45 PM  

thpse aren't real. Cursive when on an "indefinite hiatus" too, after they finished the Ugly Organ tour... that album came out in 2003, the "break uo" occured in 2004, 2005 they released a cd of old crap and Aug 2006 they're releasing another new album. where was the hiatus in that. i don't trust these words. i still don't believe it.

By Blogger Ana Petree Garcia, at 8:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home