In The Buzz

Where Hip Comes to Die

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Just to rub it in...

This week I am presenting you with the top 5 artists I'm most excited to see at the Pitchfork Festival this weekend.
I do this for 2 reasons.
1, in my mad dash to make sure everything is taken care of at work before I leave for my vacation I have not had the time to come up with anything better, and 2, I just want to rub it in that I'm going to the Pitchfork Festival and dear reader may not be... which makes me better than you.

5. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists –

2 years ago I wandered down to the South Street Seaport to see my favorite Thin Lizzy worshipping punk rockers. I got about a song and a half before strong winds and rain closed down the show… I had to make the hour long trip home looking like I had jumped in a lake but it whet my appetite for more…

4. Diplo –

Last year Diplo was the only DJ I managed to check out at Intonation, but I’m pretty sure its safe to assume he had the best set. He actually had the best DJ I’ve ever seen and I can’t wait to squeeze in some more time dancing and sweating under the big top.

3. Tapes ‘n Tapes –

These dancey little bastards have grown on me since I first listened to their album The Loon and went ”eh”. Now its tough to go a day with out one of their lovely ditties getting lodged in my brain.

2. Os Mutantes –

Brazilian tropicalia legends reunite and bless this show with their presence. They’ve inspired everybody you listen to that’s ever dabbled in rhythms that originate in South America. Beck would sleep with all of them if he could.

1. Man Man –

Man Man was an early favorite of mine, I fell in love with Six Demon Bag the moment it hit my iPod. Their live show has been described as a “circus-of-insanity”… I can’t wait.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment(s):

Tapes n' Tapes really do suck live. Every time I see them I feel like maybe they'll be better but they never are. Did you see the lame performance at Letterman. However, the Man Man and Os Mutantes picks, dead on!!! Only a few hours to go!!!!

By Blogger Pat, at 8:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home