In The Buzz

Where Hip Comes to Die

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Favorite-est of Holidays

Tuesday.
A.K.A. New CD Day.

The hope that something fantastic is on its way is what keeps me chugging through the week. This week we have Camera Obscura which I have only a passing interest in (I'll obtain my copy illegally is what I'm trying to say... sorry Camera Obscura).
But it also brings the release of Scott Walker's The Drift (which is my good pal Tim listed as his 10th favorite album of the year so far.) And Be Your Own Pet, the newest "Next Big Thing". These Nashville native, UK darlings are apparently comparable to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but none the less have peaked my interest.

4 comment(s):

Scott Walker's been out for more than a few weeks.

By Blogger Tim Duffy, at 6:09 PM  

According to my list the US release was tuesday... but I've been wrong before.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:05 PM  

Camera Obscura is not an easy illegal download at all, i've been trying with much fail for years now. i simply refuse to spend the cash, i am an asshole.

i'm going to try again now, just for fun.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

haha, figures that would happen. i state the facts and i get made into a liar. but i still can't seem to get the 2004 release which is what i've been trying years for. either way hooray for the new album being so accessible via bittorrent.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home